#KCGoestoBohol: Gustus

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,


In my recent trip to Bohol, I went to Dumuluan Resort to learn kayaking. After hours of struggling in  a kayak, I wanted to have a belly-busting dinner.  Our host during our Seas the Day tour brought us to Gustus and it really satisfied the carnivore in me.  The trip to Gustus was another eye-opening experience about the vastly improving gastronomic options in Bohol. 

When I am in Tagbilaran, I usually just eat in the mall, the hotel or a relative's place.  I never fully explored the food options in Bohol's capital.  My recent travel there showed me that Bohol is slowly becoming a good island for food trips. It is not just about peanut kisses, calamay, dinumugan, and river cruises anymore. Tagbilaran has a bustling restaurant and cafe scene and among the restaurants that you should try is Gustus Resto.

Gustus is located at M. Torralba Street, Tagbilaran City.  It is a restaurant that serves a lot of delicious  meat dishes which is really perfect for the carnivore in you. They also serve pasta and seafood dishes.  
Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,



Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

The 5 Dishes that I love at Gustus Resto

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Sizzling Bulalo

I needed to replenish the calories that I spent in figuring out how to balance in a kayak. One of the obvious cures was the Sizzling Bulalo at Gustus.  A large serving is only at 399 pesos and it can be enough for a small group of friends. The meat was tender and the sauce was simply awesome.  I love putting the garlic and mushroom gravy on my rice. This dish also goes so well with some San Mig Lights.

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Crispy Pata

Gustus serves the Filipino favorite Crispy Pata.  When I eat out with my family, we normally get Crispy Pata because one serving can feed many people.  If I eat with my family here, I would definitely order the Crispy Pata. It has crispy skin, succulent meat and it also priced at 399 pesos (Less than $10). I love eating the skin and the tendons, especially in the knuckle area.

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Cajun Shrimp in a Bag

This dish reminded me of the Cebu restaurants that served shrimp in a bag like Choobi-Choobi and Bucket Shrimps.  I cannot resist shrimps and I enjoyed the cajun-flavored shrimps at Gustus. It was fragrant and the flavor profile was a bit interesting. 

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour, Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Fried Rice

Although I would have enjoyed the dishes as much with plain rice, I would like to give props to the delicious fried rice dishes that were served that night. I got to try the bagoong rice and the salted fried rice. Each rice platter would have a meal on its own owing to their delicious flavors and not too overpowering saltiness.  The rice could complement well their other dishes like sisig, gambas, gising-gising, and chicken wings.

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Seafood Linguini

When I went there, I was with some friends who do not eat red meat.  One of the best options for them is to have the seafood linguini pasta.  They also have Shrimp Alfredo and Marinara pasta. 

Other dishes that I tried

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

Gustus, Gustus Resto, Sizzling Bulalo, Crispy Pata, Sisig, Shrimp in a bag, Restaurants in Tagbilaran, Best Restaurants in Bohol, Where to eat in Tagbilaran, Seas the Day Bohol Tour,

I also had their sisig and wings.  I enjoyed my time eating there and I would love to try their steak and Spanish dishes on my next visit.

Kalami Cebu Verdict

I would definitely go back to Gustus Resto when I swing by Tagbilaran.  The upside of this place is quite high and I am curious about their other dishes especially the rib-eye, ribs, lengua, callos, and caldereta.  I love Spanish dishes and I want to know if Gustus can be the best "Spanish" Resto in the island.  If you are a meat lover like me, I think you should check out Gustus when you are in Bohol! ;)

For more information about the restaurant, you may give them a call at +63-38-422-8337.
Related articles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way