Popular posts from this blog
Philippine Street Foods: Chicken Proven
I love street food. I have been eating it since I was in elementary school. From fishballs to peanuts to pungko-pungko. One of the newest street food favorites is the Proben or Chicken Proven. This fried chicken part is one of my favorite snacks when I was still working at Robinsons Cybergate and I would love to eat it when I get the chance. Have you tried this one?
Pungko Pungko - Cebuano Foodie Must-try
You cannot say you are a Cebuano foodie until you partake and enjoy the offerings of your local Pungko-Pungko stall. Pungko means squat in the Cebuano language. The Pungko-Pungko name was attached to vendors who walk to sell food and when they find interested eaters they usually look for a clean corner and squat or "pungko" to eat. Now, most Pungko-Pungko suki do not need to look for their favorite vendor because there are now in many places in the city that are known for this type of "cuisine". The popular hotspots for pungko-pungko are the stalls in the Fuente area at the back of Sampaguita Suites, Redemptorist Church Area near Foodarama, and Cebu Doctor's University area beside McDonald's.
Dessert Places in Cebu: SnowVinz
Where to eat Isaw Baboy in Cebu?
I was looking at my old videos and I stumbled upon this song by Baihana titled "Isawan". Listening to the song took me back to my freshman year in college when I first discovered isaw. One of the most popular isawan in UP Diliman then was just a few steps away from the Freshman Dorm (Kalayaan Residence Hall). I fell in love with isaw ever since my early days of college. When I moved to Cebu, I cannot seem to find a barbecue stall selling this sinfully good offal dish. Recently, I discovered that there is a restaurant near our house that is selling isaw.









Comments
Post a Comment