Best Burgers in Cebu - Squat Burger by Stoke Burgers

Carlo Olano of Kalami Cebu meets the Squat Burger at Stoke Burgers
Who does not love burgers?  One night, I suddenly had a burger craving and I end up traveling to Mambaling to eat at the newly-opened Stoked Burgers.  I tried out their Squat Burger and it gave me one of my best burger experiences in recent months.



Just like many Cebuanos, I love meat.   When it comes to meat sandwiches, nothing beats a good old hamburger.  So, when Chef Nestor Alcoseba of Seda Hotel Cebu said that I needed to check out this new burger place in Mambaling, I went there ASAP. 

Finding Stoke Burgers


Best Burger Places in Cebu, Stoke Burgers
 To be honest, I rarely go to Mambaling except when I occasionally visit SM Seaside City Cebu.  Since I am not so familiar with the place, I enlisted the help of my trusty motorcycle driver, Fred.  Coming from SM Seaside, we had to take a U-Turn at base of the Mambaling flyover so that we can turn to Tagunol Street.  Stoke Burgers was not really hard to find once you are on that street (I think they are now in Google Maps). 
Stoke Burgers Menu
 The menu was pretty straightforward.  You come here for the burgers and they basically have 3 sizes.  Their base cheeseburger is called the lightweight burger and it is priced at 90 pesos.  Next up is the squat burger- Triple bacon burger with 100% Beef Patty, cheddar cheese, tomato, cucumber, and a fried egg.  Their signature burger is the deadlift burger which is an upgraded squat burger with the addition of one more burger patty, mushrooms, jalapeno, and the Stoke Special Sauce plus french fries for only 280 pesos.

As much as I wanted to get the Deadlift Burger, I decided to chill and I just settled for the Squat Burger.  Do you want to know why? Well, it was late at night and I did not intend to sleep with a kilo of food in my stomach.  I also found the Squat Burger as the more logical and value-for-money choice. (Yes, I pay for my food too!)

Stoke Burger's Squat Burger

A newly made burger at Stoke Burgers Cebu

The Squat Burger and the Lightweight Burger at Stoke Burgers
 I love watching people making the food that I eat.  Watching the crew here was kinda hypnotic and it made me want to devour the burgers once ready.  We arrived there past eleven and the crew was still taking orders from loyal customers.  I even saw some familiar faces.  Due to the deluge of late-night eaters, my order took time to make but I did not mind at all.  I was just mesmerized by the sights and sounds at this burger joint.  Indeed, time flies when you are having fun.

The Squat Burger was just perfect.  For me, it was like eating breakfast in a burger at midnight.  The bacon, the egg, the cheese, the veggies, and of course, the beef just make an amazing combination in the mouth.  It was creamy, juicy, crunchy, salty, sour, and sweet.  It was balanced! For a second, I even regretted that I did not get the Deadlift Burger.  In my hands though, was the best burger in the world at that specific second. 

The simple verdict was that I like it. Nah, I like it a lot. Ok fine, I was pretty Stoked!  I really want you to try it out.   Eat it there! Watch while they make you a hamburger.  Smell it, taste it and be stoked. :)

The awesome midnight crew of Stoke Burgers Cebu

I got to give a big shout out to the crew and owners of Stoke Burgers.  You got a good one, please make it last! :)

By the way #Kalaminions, do you think I should re-do my Sulit Ba Video and include this on the list?


Hit us up with a comment so that I can call the gang and do another burger episode.

Comments

  1. Hello sir, I would like to invite you on the Brozzter's burger station opening day on August 28, 2020. Here at DUmlog Talisay City. It is the talked of the town burger. Kindly message me through my email address so I could send you a proper invitation. Thank you and hope to see you soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visit lang ko puhon kung mas maayo na ang panahon ug makalabang labang na.

      Delete
    2. Happy to have you try best burgers in cebu. Kano Burger on Facebook. Take out only
      Special 5 meat blend. It will be the best burger you. Let me know and I send you

      Delete
  2. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. هوريكا

    ReplyDelete
  3. خبز البرجر I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way