Dessert Places in Cebu: SnowVinz

dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,
 I am not really into sweets but I recently tried SnowVinz Snoball and I was pretty much happy with my experience there.  Going to a good dessert place like Snow Vinz is indeed one of best ways to bond with friends on a lazy weekend.




SnowVinz at SM Seaside City




Growing up, one of my favorite sweet concoctions is the halo-halo.  I loved it when I have it in my dad's favorite painitan in Jagna Public Market while I was still living in Bohol.  I always associate iced desserts to happy events.  When I moved to Cebu, I feast on the halo-halo sold by our neighbor almost weekly.  I just love the ice, the milk and I guess that delicious toppings that people put in it. 


dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,


Even if I am not a sweet tooth, I also know how to enjoy desserts especially the cold ones. When my blog "gang" visited SnowVinz a couple of weeks ago, I know we are going to have so much fun. Thanks to +Richard Abad and to our friends from SM Seaside City, we were able to try the specialties of this new dessert stall.
dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,

Snowvinz specializes in snoball.  This shaved ice dessert is a favorite in New Orleans, USA and it is like an American version of our favorite halo-halo.   What makes this different is that they use flavored syrup and also foreign fruits like Kiwi. Just like our local halo-halo, the snoball is just plain joy in a cup.  It is sweet, cold and full of different flavors and textures.  The ice is so fine and the sundae is so creamy.  I am pretty confident that any kid or sweet tooth would love it.

dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,

dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,
SnowVinz also offers ice cream sundae by the cup or cone.  They have it in interesting flavors like Orchid Vanilla, Raspberry, Strawberry, and the personal favorite Kiwi.

dessert places in Cebu, SnowVinz, Sno-Ball, Snoball, dessert, ice cream sundae,

Before we came to SM Seaside City to visit SnowVinz, the Kalami Cebu Food Wars gang were actually shooting our first episode of the ngohiong wars.   We were then pitting Carlos Ngohiong and Ho Ngohiong. I was a bit full but I was really looking for something sweet to serve as a counter-balance to all the oily goodness that we just had. SnowVinz Snoball was a perfect foil for the "greasy" feeling that I have after stuffing myself with ngohiong, puso, and fried gizzard.  I truly enjoyed the snoball and the ice cream sundae.

It was also great that I was to be able to spend a couple of hours talking with some of my dearest blogging friends.  +Jullian Robin Sibi , +Ramzy Magbitang , +Katherine Anne Cutar and I meet often because of our Blogger Banters podcast and as leads of the Cebu Blogging Community but it has been a while that we saw Richard Abad of Bisaya Short Films.  It was awesome to catch up with him over some ngohiong and snoball.  Good food is definitely one of the greatest accomplices in history's most amazing plots and schemes.  I would surely want to spend more time with this gang in the future... hopefully over more good food.

How about you? Have you been to SnowVinz? How do you find it?Related articles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way