Hotel Buffets in Cebu: The Abalone at JPark Island Resort and Waterpark

The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

Last weekend, our friends from JPark Island Resort and Waterpark invited several bloggers to check out their world-class amenities and food and beverage outlets.  JPark Island Resort and Waterpark is a pretty impressive resort hotel and for me, the highlight of the activity was definitely the lunch at The Abalone Restaurant.  The lunch buffet reminded me that the resort hotel has one of the best eat-all-you-can buffets in Cebu.





Lunch at The Abalone at JPark Island Resort and Waterpark


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide


I am a food blogger and when I visit a resort or a hotel, I always look forward to their food offerings. For me, resort hotels serve as the gateway to a fantastic vacation in any locality.  If these hotels would not give a visitor a fantastic experience, most likely the experience outside the hotel will not be good as well. I always check the food because if the food makes you happy then most likely you are going to have a grand time in the resort.

First Impressions


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide


It was not my first time to eat at The Abalone and based on my past dining experience there, I always enjoy the buffet here. I checked out their lunch selection and it was amazing. I was sure that I will not be able to visit all stations because they were preparing so many dishes from different cuisines.  

After scouting what they have, I picked my favorite spots.  For sure, I wanted to get some sushi and sashimi.  I also wanted to have some noodles.  Their grilled station was so tempting and if you ever eat here, you better be prepared for a grilled meat and seafood party. I basically knew what to do already.  So here is what I ate for lunch there.


Kalami Cebu  Lunch Buffet at The Abalone


My objective was to try as much dishes but not overstuff myself.  You cannot be too full because JPark is for the active people.  There are so many things that you can do here.  You can go swimming, ride the go-cart, play mini-golf, test your chess-playing ability, go tubing or challenge yourself with their waterslides and watersports facilities.   In the end, I had platefuls of some of their best dishes and I had a massive dose of #happytummy.  

1st Set: Handmade Noodle Soup with Assorted Dumplings


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

I started my meal with a classic combination of noodles and dumplings.  I had no intentions of eating rice so I went for noodles.  The nicest thing about their noodle station is that you can decide what noodles and what toppings will you put (see video above) in your noodle soup.  I picked some handmade noodles then I put bean sprouts, chicken meat, shrimps, onions, and mushrooms on it. When it was ready, I topped it with some kimchi, sprinkled it with toasted garlic and green onions, and then finished it Japanese chili.  For the dumplings, I had a sampler. I basically got one of each kind.

How did it taste? I really loved it.  Next time I will go here I will probably do a spicy noodle challenge and post it on Youtube.  Indeed, it was a classic combo and it was a perfect start for a long meal.  It was not too filling and the spicy soup was effective in opening up my palate.


2nd Set: Pizza vs. Sushi


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

Weeks ago, my friends from the Cebu Blogging Community had a debate over pizza or sushi. Since a couple of my #TeamSushi friends were there, I made sure that my second plate will be an homage to two of the most iconic dishes in the world. At The Abalone at JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, you can have both sushi and pizza on the same plate. 

I enjoyed this plate a lot and I finished it easily.  The pizza was great and the size of the slices was just right for a buffet.  The Japanese rice rolls were pretty spot on as well.  Good thing that the pizza did not have pineapples because it would have been another food debate with my buddies.


3rd Set: Surf and Turf


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

When I went inside The Abalone, I knew right there and then that my favorite station would be the grilled station.  I made sure that I allocate one of my plates to this magical station.  The smell of freshly grilled meat and seafood was just too hard to resist.  I ended up getting several slices of beef tenderloin and then paired it with some seafood.  I call this plate Kalami Cebu's Surf and Turf.

If you are going to eat here at The Abalone at JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, then you should make your own version of Surf and Turf like what I did.  It was my best plate for the day and I could probably just spend the whole two hours on that station if I were there just to eat.


4th Set: Ice Cream with Cashew and Marshmallows


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

After 3 heavy plates, it was time for me to ease up and eat some desserts.  I decided to just get 3 scoops of Ice Cream: strawberry, vanilla, and mango.  I then topped it with some marshmallows and cashew nuts.

The dessert was heavenly.  It has been a while since I had ice cream and what I made was a joy to eat.  The cashew is one of my favorite nuts and the mallows added a different kind of texture.  I would surely love to replicate this one when I go to other dessert stations in the future.


5th Set: Coffee and Cookies


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide


To end my meal, I took 3 kinds of cookies and brewed coffee. I just felt the need to end my buffet adventure with something hot like coffee.  The cookies were just a perfect match to it.  It was such a mild ending for such a sublime experience.


The Abalone Restaurant, JPark Island Resort and Waterpark, The Abalone at Jpark Island, Eat all you can restaurants in Cebu, Hotel Buffets in Cebu, Cebu Resorts, Cebu Food Blogger, Cebu Food Blog, Cebu Food Guide

In the end, I will always associate JPark Island Resort and Waterpark with one of the best buffets in Mactan.  We always boast that the Philippines is paradise but your paradise experience will never be complete without wonderful food.  The Abalone breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet will surely round out your memorable stay at JPark Island Resort and Waterpark.  They truly deserve this Kalami Cebu seal of approval.


For bookings and inquiries, you may call +63-32-4945000.  Rates: Breakfast - Php 1250 nett, Lunch - Php 1530 and Dinner - Php 1950. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way