7-3-2015 Food of the Day: Bagong Bayan

One of the cheap baked items that I grew up eating was the bagong bayan. It must have been decades since I last ate one.  The rise of more glamorous bakeshops has relegated some of the most common snack fares into obscurity. I went to Parkmall last weekend to check on their weekend market and I was surprised to see the bagong bayan. I did not know that some bakeries are still selling this cheap yet delicious snack. I bought a pack home and eating it brought back a lot of good memories. I would probably buy more the next time I see someone selling this old favorite.

Do you have an old favorite that you have not tasted for quite a while?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way