Lunch at L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu


I always received inquiries from friends and strangers about where to take their wife or girlfriend for their anniversaries and special occasions.  I have my usual recommendations.  Recently, I added L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine on this list.  This new restaurant at the Oakridge Business Park in Mandaue has the food, ambiance, and service that will be perfect for romantic dates or intimate business meetings.


I really did not know much about this restaurant until someone messaged @kalamicebu in Instagram and told me to try this one.  Well, it took me a couple of months before I found the time and opportunity to eat here.  My cousin-in-law EJ went home from Australia and he said he was going treat me somewhere I never tried.  To be honest,  I had a hard time answering that query.  Then I remembered L'Artisan.

L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine is pretty close to my house.  They are actually awarded as the "2016 Restaurant of the Year" by Sunstar's Best of Cebu awards.  After learning about the award, I was pretty hyped to go there.

The Food at L'Artisan

It was just the two of us so we did not order much but we had one full meal.  Here is what I tried on my first visit there:

Pritchon Arancini

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

We started off with an appetizer called "Pritchon Arancini".   It is a rice ball made of risotto that is stuffed with crispy pritchon and it is served with red bell pepper sauce.  I never had arancini before and I found it fun to eat and the red bell pepper was pretty interesting.

L'Artisan Grass Fed Angus Beef Burger

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

I had a burger but I did not have the "normal" version because on that day the chef said that the beets were not that good.  This is a burger that has a juicy patty with a lot of veggies with it. I love the touch of mango with this one. The mango gave a pleasant acidity and it made the burger unique to Cebu which is also known for its mangoes.


Slow Roasted Pork Belly

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

L'Artisan's SlowRoasted Pork Belly is like the classy version of the Filipino-favorite lechon kawali.  It has super crispy skin with succulent meat that is seasoned perfectly. The presentation is great which is perfect for Instagram while the servings were generous which makes it perfect for sharing. 


Chocolate Fondant

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

For dessert, we were served their Chocolate Fondant.  It was very sweet but I always love desserts with contrasting temperatures and textures.  This is one of them and it was a perfect meal ender.

All in all, I love the food.  The presentation is superb and the quality of ingredients can definitely rival the best restaurants in the city.  I would not hesitate to recommend L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine to my friends and followers even for their food alone.

The Ambiance

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

It's classy, private, and romantic.  It is just a place perfect for some intimate conversations. It could even be a great place to "pop the question".  L'Artisdan is perfect for people who do not want to eat in crowded places.   This is also a fantastic place for wines. (Yes, you must have wines here!)

The Service

The owners are so hands on.  Ms. Herley was so passionate in explaining the food to us while Chef Jeffrey Boutin gamely answered some of my questions.  They are now my favorite culinary husband and wife tandem after #TeamCarnivore left Cebu.


Kalami Cebu Recap:

L'Artisan, L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine, French Restaurants in Cebu, Wine Places in Cebu, Jeffrey Boutin, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Cebu Food Blogger,

I give the Boutin couple a massive Kalami Cebu two thumbs up for this restaurant.  If you are looking for a serious wine and dine restaurant then you have to visit this place.  L'Artisan French Mediterranean Cuisine will surely give you a memorable dining experience.  Check them out at Oakridge Business Park, A.S. Fortuna, Mandaue City.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way