Caloy and Nezte Adventures: #batchoyhouse328

batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs

One of my favorite food trip buddies is Nezte Virtudazo.  We have been to countless of food trips in the past couple of years and recently we checked out BatchoyHouse328 and tried out their batchoy with bone marrow and also their halo-halo.


Search for Cebu's Best Batchoy

batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs, Vance Borja

I am a big fan of batchoy.  One of my favorites in Cebu was Carlo's Batchoy in Capitol Site area.  Unfortunately, the place closed down recently and I have been looking for a good place to eat batchoy in the Capitol site area.

Batchoy is a noodle soup that has pork innards and pork cracklings.  This dish came from Ilo-Ilo specifically in La Paz.  It became popular all over the country to the point that a national noodle brand makes an instant version of this Illongo dish.

Aside from the noodles and innards, one of my favorite components of batchoy is its broth.  I love sipping the broth, especially after a beer-drinking session.  I normally eat batchoy with pan de sal and I always have one with egg.


#Batchoyhouse328

batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs, Vance Borja

A couple friends of mine told me to check out #Batchoyhouse328.  This new batchoy place is owned by Vance Borja, the man behind some of the best places to eat in Cebu.  I was a big fan of his Uncle Noodles shop in Mango Square.

I wanted to eat there for weeks but it always gets postponed until one day, Nezte picked me up in my house because he wanted to go to a Kalami Cebu Food Trip.  Thanks to Google, we were able to locate BatchoyHouse328 easily.


batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs, Vance Borja

We both ordered Batchoy with BMW or Bone Marrow.  The special batchoy is at 65 pesos and you add 15 pesos for a scoop of bone marrow.  I also bought some pan de sal.
batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs, Vance Borja

After our meal, we were able to sample their delicious halo-halo. 

Kalami Cebu Review
batchoy, batchoy cebu, cebu's best batchoy, noodles, #batchoyhouse328, Nezte Virtudazo, Halo Halo, pan de sal, Cebu Food Blogger, Kalami Cebu, Cebu Best Blogs, Vance Borja

The batchoy was spot on.  The bone marrow made it an instant favorite since I am into offal.  I love sipping the broth and the servings were just right.  I wanted to have another bowl but their broth was not ready then.  I will definitely go back here when I crave for batchoy.  The halo-halo was an excellent meal ender.  It rounds everything out.  The contrast between hot and cold, and savory and sweet, makes it an awesome rollercoaster ride towards a #happytummy. 

Nezte and I really had an amazing time.  We plan to do more Kalami Cebu Adventures this summer so watch for our future adventures.  If you want to come with us, just hit me up with a comment and maybe we can do a food trip together.


#Batchoyhouse328 is open from 3-10 pm and you can call them 032-5149310.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way