Feel Good Korean Specialties at Happy Together

Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar
I am the type of person who likes to try food from other countries. I recently discovered a restaurant at E-Zone Paseo at F. Cabahug Street that serves Korean food. Happy Together is a newly-opened restaurant that offers delicious Korean comfort food at pretty reasonable prices. It is quite fun to eat at this cute Korean resto.

Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar
It is hard to miss Happy Together at E-Zone Paseo.  The bright yellow exterior can really steal your attention. It was one the reasons why I got curious with the restaurant. The place is in between Cafe Jasmin and Monster Franks.

Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar
As expected, the interior reflects the owners sense of style.  I cannot help but smile when I was there. I see a lot of corners where a fashion blogger could make an #OOTD post. It is really cute and very much Instagram-worthy.  The owners and attendants are also really friendly.

The Food at Happy Together

I was with Fathema Cotejar of http://waraynonincebu.blogspot.com/ when I went there and we were able to try 3 Korean dishes that they offer there.

Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar

Kimbap  

For appetizers, we had the Kimbap or Gimbap. Kimbap is like the Korean version of sushi.   It is made of white rice wrapped in gim or seaweed along with egg, veggies, and meat. It is a fun-to-eat dish and could be a light lunch on its own. The half order was a good appetizer, but I am probably gonna get the full order when I go back there.
Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar

Cheese Ramyeon

In my past posts, I have professed my love for noodles. I saw that they have a cheese ramyeon and I knew already what will I have for lunch. I was curious if cheese and spicy noodles go together.  After eating it, I discovered that it was a "Happy Together" combination. It works for me.  I also love taking photos of it and posting it in my Instagram account. 

Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar

Tteokbokki

Fathema decided on the white sauce tteokbokki.  I have to admit that it was my first time seeing and eating this Korean specialty. It is made of rice cakes which were similar to our very own budbud. At first I thought it was pasta but after trying it, I realized that it has the soft and chewy texture similar to budbud or puto maya.  It was kinda strange at first because I am used to the taste of the sweet budbud and the dish was like eating a weird version of the Filipino dessert. The tteokbokki was like a cross between budbud and carbonara. After a few pieces of tteokbooki, I began to somehow like it, but I would probably get the spicy version on my next visit there.
Happy Together, Korean Restaurants in Cebu, tteokbokki, Kimbap, Cheese Ramyeon, Fathema Cotejar
I would definitely go back to this place. Look at the picture above.  I am sure you are going to want to eat at this place or eat least have a photo there. The restaurant offers a lot more comfort Korean food and I would love to try it someday. If you have eaten at this place, please let me know what are the other dishes that I should try. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way