6-4-2015 Food of the Day: Bahug Bahug

Kalami Cebu, Bahug Bahug, Food of the Day
 I recently posted in my Instagram account a picture of a Red Velvet cake and it generated quite a few likes and the #redvelvet hashtag has millions of posts already. I am really surprised how this red cake became so popular.  If we play a guessing game a couple of years ago, and you will give me clues of red and you can buy it in a bakeshop, the most likely answer that will come out of my mouth will be Bahug Bahug.  Bahug bahug is basically bread pudding and the sweet red creation was a favorite of mine while I was growing up. If there was Instagram in the 1980's, #bahugbahug could have thousands of posts. I searched Instagram for #bahugbahug and there were only 40 posts mentioning the hashtag.


I recently ate Bahug Bahug and for me, it is one of the bread that can give you the best bang for your buck.  IMHO, Bahug Bahug can out-value the Red Velvet cake.  A slice of Red Velvet cake costs around 100 pesos and that is worth more than 15 slices of Bahug Bahug.  As a mental note, the next time I eat an expensive cake, I will think of how many people could have enjoyed bahug bahug with the amount I paid eating a single slice of cake. ;)
Kalami Cebu, Bahug Bahug, Food of the Day
What is your favorite cheap bread while growing up? Comment and Share your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way