6-26-2015 Food of the Day: Sha-e and other delicious innards

Cebuanos love lechon and I think there are countless of pigs that get slaughtered for this.  There was a time I was wondering what do they do with the innards? At first I thought lechon makers just make dinuguan (blood stew) and put everything on it.  Recently, I bought lechon in Talisay and saw that aside from dinuguan, the store sells some fried innards.  Locally, we call it sha-e, ginabot, atay,  and tungol. Intestines, liver, pancreas, and other internal organs are cooked in their oil to become a popular fare for lunch or pulutan. It's cheap and gives a lot of calories, it is not really a stretch why many people love this.  I may not eat this every day, but I really enjoy to have this once in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way