6-7-2015 Food of the Day: Puso

The Puso or hanging rice is already an icon in the local cuisine and culture.  The puso is rice cooked inside a housing made of coconut leaves. The puso is more compact than the typical steamed rice.  I always prefer eating puso when I feast on pork or chicken barbecue, sinugba, ginabot, tuslob buwa, and ngohiong.  I know a lot of people who prefers the regular cooked rice over puso but for me, puso-eating should be encouraged. It has been part been of our culture and the Cebuano or bisaya identity.  I know I will be eating puso or hanging rice till I grow old.  

How about you? What are your thoughts about puso?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafes in Cebu: Backstory Kitchen and Cafe

Let's Eat Bai celebrates first year with milestones

GTalks Event Explores AI's Potential to Empower Women in Tech: GCash and Connected Women Lead the Way